We're doing AO exams this week. I'm no expert, and when I see the exam questions that Charlotte Mason's students were given in her books, I feel very inadequate. But, for what it's worth, here's what we're doing. I wrote out ten questions for each student while looking over their list of books they read this year. They'll do just two questions a day. I'm taking dictation with the younger two, and Tim is typing in his own into the computer.
These are the questions:
AO Year 3
1. Tell about Queen Elizabeth's reign
2. What is the Union Jack, and how did it come about?
3. Why was Pocahontas friendly with the settlers?
4. Trace Minn's journey on a map.
5. Tell about how otters live.
6. What invention do you think most changed the world? What can you tell about how it came about?
7. Tell about a tall tale
8. How did Jason get the Golden Fleece?
9. Tell about what life was like for a woodsman during the exile of Charles II.
10. Tell why Timoleon was heroic, OR tell why Othello wasn't.
AO Year 5
1. Was Victoria a good queen? Give some examples.
2. Why was the Civil War fought?
3. Tell about one event in modern history (from the 20th Century book)
4. Trace Lewis and Clark's route on a map.
5. What attributes made Teddy Roosevelt heroic?
6. Complete Book of Marvels - tell about your favorite place he visited.
7. How did Lobo the wolf die?
8. How can water and ice sculpt in nature?
9. Tell a little bit about the caste system of India's society OR child labor in Dickens' London
10. What led Othello to kill his own wife? OR What made Timoleon a successful leader?
AO Year 9
1. What were the Americans primarily fighting for in the Revolution?
2. What was important to the Founding Fathers in setting up their own government?
3. Tell about the doctrine of predestination.
4. What were some of Gearge Washington's strengths?
5. Briefly trace the events of Ben Franklin's OR Napoleon's life
6. Trace Richard Halliburton's travels in Europe
7. What are the four loves?
8. What is a liberal? What is a conservative? What is a libertarian?
9. What were some of the similarities and differences between the French and American Revolutions?
10. How did Othello end up killing his own wife?
I'll add some answers later. I don't know that I'll post all of them. But I'll post something.
Tuesday, June 28, 2005
Exam Questions
Posted by
LNL
at
6/28/2005 02:57:00 PM
Categories: CM Exams, Homeschooling
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)




|