Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Last Week of School

We're in our last week of school. Then we'll do a week of exams, open-ended essay questons that I'll make up based on the books the boys read during the term. I'll post some of the results of that here next week. Tim is in ninth grade so this is the first year we deal with high school grades and credits. I spent a couple of nights researching online, pretty freaked out about it. But I got some information and read this and then Tim and I went over the credits he'll need and divided them up between the four years, and I think we'll do fine. In September, he'll be starting a program at our local co-op in Creative Writing. He's looking forward to that, it was the subject he wanted. It will be good for him to have the experience of listening to a normal teacher lecture, and meeting the requirements of someone besides his mom.