Saturday, October 01, 2005

My Reading List for the Year

This year, I've decided to do half of Tim's Year 10 along with him. This is what I hope to read; it looks ambitious, and I hope I can manage it.

Knowing God by J.I. Packer
Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
Character is Destiny by Russell Gough
Fallacy Detective by Nathaniel and Harvey Bluedorn
Up From Slavery by Booker T. Washington
Evaluating Books by Richard Maybury
Thinking Like a Christian by David Noebel
The Law by Frederic Bastiat,
Walden by Henry David Thoreau
Essays by Montaigne: That It Is Folly to Measure Truth and Error by Our Own Capacity, Of Solitude, Of the Inequality Among Us, Of Repentance
Essay by Ralph Waldo Emerson: Art
The Attributes of God by A. W. Pink
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
One Blood by Ken Ham, Carl Wieland; Don Batten
The Vision of the Anointed by Thomas Sowell
The Deadliest Monster by Jeff Baldwin
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
Essays by Quiller-Couch: The Practice of Writing, Interlude: On Jargon, Some Principles Reaffirmed, On Style
Essays by Frederick Douglass: Reconstruction, An Appeal to Congress for Impartial Suffrage, My Escape From Slavery
The Imitation of Christ by Thomas a Kempis
Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee by Dee Alexander Brown
Sesame and Lilies by John Ruskin
How Should We Then Live by Frances Schaeffer
Graves of Academe by Richard Mitchell
Silas Marner by George Eliot
John Stuart Mill On Liberty
Essays by G.K. Chesterton: A Piece of Chalk, On Lying in Bed, The Twelve Men, The Diabolist, What is Right With the World