Today I'm publishing my book. I realize that not many people can wake up and say that. One thing I've found since I published my last book - everybody has something they've done that they've always harbored a secret thought of seeing in print. Their lovingly collected family heirloom recipes from the past five generations, the geneology work they'd like to present to family members as a Christmas gift, their own Bible study curriculum, their grandmother's memiors, the novel they've had in their head. So here's the info:
Go to lulu.com. You can upload a Word document of your work and they'll convert it to a pdf file, then you pick a cover and choose a few details, and there's your book! The process doesn't cost you a dime! They'll print one copy at a time to order. They make their money when somebody orders your book.
Black and white books are pretty reasonably priced, but if you have color, even if it's just one color picture in the whole book, the price jumps for every page.
All the information you need is available from their various Help Topics, accessible from their Help page.
So, what are you waiting for? Let's see that dream project of yours in print!
BTW, my book (a modern paraphrase of Charlotte Mason's Volume 6) is done. Check it out here!
Wednesday, October 05, 2005
Book Publishing 101
Posted by
LNL
at
10/05/2005 10:32:00 AM
Categories: Mom's Reading
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)




|