Saturday, October 29, 2005

What I'm Listening To

The guys took off, they went to a costume store to buy boots for their Narnia costumes, and, with Halloween so close, I don't want Miss M exposed to the scary things they have in the store. So we stayed home, looked at books, ate (she insisted, 'I want to do it myself.' I said, 'Can you say in-dee-pen-dant?' and she did!) and now we're listening to music.

I made a compilation of upbeat, fun songs to play with Miss M on the rare occassions that I want to hear something other than classical music. I used all songs that I never get tired of. Richie Furay used to be in the 70's band Poco, and my favorite band, the short-lived Souther Hillman Furay band. Then he became a Christian, and now pastors a Calvary Chapel-ish church in Colorado. He released an album of Christian music a few years ago, and it's almost the only Christian music that I don't get tired of. I keep waiting for another album, but I guess he retired from music. I have enough James Taylor songs to make me think that I really ought to spend some time discovering the rest of his music. All I know are his pop hits.

Anyway, Miss M loves the music. She can dance to these. And she does! :)

01 Everyday - James Taylor
02 Give Thanks To The Lord - Richie Furay
03 Hele On To Kauai - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
04 Whenever I See Your Smiling Face - James Taylor
05 Home - Karla Bonoff
06 Hawaiian Rollercoaster - Lilo and Stitch soundtrack
07 Hallel - Richie Furay
08 Up On The Roof - James Taylor
09 Lei Hana I Ka Makani Ualau'awa (a chant) - Keali'i Reichel
10 Wake Up My Soul - Richie Furay
11 He Mele No Lilo - Lilo and Stitch soundtrack
12 E Ala E - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
13 Peace That Passes All Understanding - Richie Furay
14 Pupu A'o 'Ewa (Pearly Shells) - Keali'i Reichel
15 You've Got a Friend - James Taylor
16 Aloha O'e - Lilo and Stitch soundtrack
17 Ulili E - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
18 Lahainaluna - Keali'i Reichel (sounds like the Makaha Sons in the background)
19 If He's Ever Near - Karla Bonoff
20 Kamalani - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
21 E Pili Mai - Keali'i Reichel
22 Falling - Karla Bonoff

I might have included a Jackson Browne song (I could easily have used Everywhere I Go for this particular collection), Julie Andrews songs from musicals, and songs by Lamb. And Uptown Girl by Billy Joel, Top of the World by The Carpenters, Paper Roses by Marie Osmond, Drums of the Island by the Makaha Sons, Heartache Tonight by the Eagles, Silver Threads and Golden Needles by Linda Ronstadt, a couple of Hall and Oates songs. Maybe I need to start a second collection!