Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Tying Up Loose Ends

I spent the day finishing and taking care of a few things I'd been putting off--printing out a couple of poems that L and J are working on for memory work, dividing up our Shakespeare play (Henry V) for this term and printing out a copy for everyone, and re-sending Tim's application for our homeschool umbrella group. Now that he's in high school, they want a detailed list of subjects and which curriculum/books he's using for each of them. And the subjects can't be the subjects he's actually doing, but the subjects he needs credits for. So, although he's doing US/World history, we didn't list those because he already earned his required history credit last year. In fact, almost nothing of what he's doing with Ambleside Online this year will count. Even though his year's load is challenging, it looks like he's slacking off because he's only earning five credits for graduation this year, where he earned 9 last year. And he'll earn 4 next year, and a measly 3 his senior year, even though the work won't get any easier.

Yesterday we re-organized our chores assignments, and the result is that everything got done earlier today. Tim and J will each be making dinner one day a week, and I made a 3-week menu rotation that includes a good number of crock pot meals that we can put in early and forget about the rest of the day.

And I signed up with a few other moms online to work together to lose ten pounds by Christmas. I know I've slacked off on the exercise, but Miss M is making it more difficult. She cries when I get on the treadmill without her, and she cries to get down when I put her in the baby carrier.