Sunday, October 23, 2005

Things I've Learned Recently

Socks come out of the laundry in odd numbers.

You shouldn't recite Shakespeare while riding the lawnmower unless you actually want to be hoarse for the next two days.

Reading until 3:00 a.m. produces undesirable effects the next morning.

Writing until 3:00 a.m. produces similarly undesireable effects.

If there's a bad guy, shoot him. (Courtesy of Bonanza.)

My brother and I are on different sides. I root for the Greeks and he roots for the Trojans.

No matter how much foam there is on the PVC lightsaber, if it hits your knuckles, IT HURTS!

There are three necessities for prop-making: PVC, duct tape, and superglue. Cardboard and dowel are pluses.

There are three necessities for driving with a baby: juice, cookies, and crackers. And cereal is never amiss.

When you are trying get a poem written, the best thing you can do is sit down and write. You will never get anything written otherwise.

And finally, once you have sat down to write said poetry, do not get distracted and write a blog post.