I'm still struggling to resist cravings and stick to the diet I feel best on. So, I'm resorting to psychological tactics. I find that, at times like this, what I'm really wanting is protein (especially chicken!) and salt. I can't resist chips and meat meals. So, I'm starting by giving in. I bought chicken - lots of it, pesticide-free, both dark and white meat, and I wrapped it in foil and baked it. I start with the dark meat, since that seems to be what tastes best, and I salt it well. It's delicious and just what I want! But then, after the second or third piece, I remember why I stopped eating dark meat. It's fatty and really gross! So then I switch to white meat, still well salted. In the meantime, I continue to make green smoothies and eat them throughout the day. By the second day, I start to remember that white meat isn't as good as I always anticipate in the midst of cravings. It's really dry. By then, my cravings are subsiding and I'm getting really sick of chicken. And from that point, it's no problem sticking to the diet. I usually still have a little chicken left over to fall back on if I start craving again. By the third day, I'm eating the last piece of chicken, but not enjoying it.
For a 'wannabe' vegan, it's a disgusting cure. But it does seem to work, and I console myself by telling myself that my body could probably use the extra dense protein from time to time. And J, who also loves and craves chicken, never seems to mind helping me eat the chicken. ;)
Saturday, October 29, 2005
Getting Back on the Diet
Posted by
LNL
at
10/29/2005 11:46:00 AM
Categories: Diet
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)




|