I've started my "Final Project" for creative writing class, which for me is a book of poetry. I should be writing four or five poems a week for the next six weeks. Some of them will probably end up here; I'll see how it goes. As for this poem...what can I say, I like the idea. Dragons and beds and microscopes make an interesting combination.
I found a dragon yesterday.
It shone like emerald where it lay,
sunning on my comforter.
I picked it up with careful touch
and stared at it. It didn't care much,
quiet while I fingered it.
I got a microscope to see
it closer, what its shape might be:
such a little dragonet!
But oh--tis not a dragon 't all!
only a bit of moss let fall--
a little bit of moss, that's all--
my disillusioned dragonlet!
Tuesday, October 11, 2005
My Dragon
Posted by
Tim
at
10/11/2005 08:29:00 PM
Categories: Poems
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)




|