Miss Roxie went home, and now it's back to work, back to the mundane routine (which includes school), and back to the diet. So far I'm not doing so good with that last part. I only usually do a little bit of walking on the treadmill, but even that fell by the wayside this week. And it's hard getting back to the diet routine. I've been doing a raw diet this year, hoping to increase my energy and feel less stiff (old age creeping up, no doubt!) I have this theory that, if the diet is predominantly unprocessed produce in a natural state, the body will be better able to handle a few indiscretions. Generally, I eat a LOT of "green smoothies." They're basically fruit smoothies with some leafy greens thrown into the blender. So the smoothie has those vital leafy greens, but tastes like a fruit smoothie. And there's very little chopping, so it's easier than making a salad.
This week, I put my theory to the test. I started my days with green smoothies, but by evening, I was having chicken, salmon, Thai noodles, popcorn, even chocolate cake. I feel pretty good in spite of a week of that, but it's hard going back. I'd forgotten to factor in cravings! And now it's cold, and a chicken and potato casserole sounds so much more appealing than a green smoothie.
Friday, October 28, 2005
Vacation's Over
Posted by
LNL
at
10/28/2005 02:11:00 PM
Categories: ChitChat
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)




|